For the Queens native, it's hard to choose just one favorite song from his favorite artists; he has so many of them. But like most of us, what sticks the most in Prodigy's mind when it comes to the tracks are the memories attached to the sound of the music and the moments they recall.
In celebrating Black Music Month, Prodigy shares with The BoomBox his five favorite black artists of all time. Soul crooners and female MCs are included, as well as performers who've influenced him or were a part of his childhood. You'll be surprised by some of his choices.
See Prodigy Explain Why He Favors These Black Artists
- Lil' Kim
- Michael Jackson
- Jill Scott
- Marvin Gaye
- 15 New Albums Debuting This Summer
- Looking 4 Myself, Usher
- Our Version of Events, Emeli Sande
- Live From the Underground, Big K.R.I.T.
- The One, Eric Benet
- Triple F Life: Fans, Friends & Family, Waka Flocka Flame
- Fortune, Chris Brown
- Life Is Good, Nas
- God Forgives, I Don't, Rick Ross
- Two Eleven, Brandy
- Based on a T.R.U. Story, 2 Chainz
- Love IV MMXII, The-Dream
- Braveheart, Ashanti
- O.N.I.F.C., Wiz Khalifa
- Dreams and Nightmares, Meek Mill
- Matangi, M.I.A.
- Worst Hip-Hop Jobs
- Lil Wayne's Wikipedia "Discography" Updater
- Snoop Dogg's Tour Bus Driver
- Guy Who Cleans Up After a Rap Show
- Bodyguard for Jay-Z & Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy
- Tax Attorney for Lil' Kim, Big Boi, MC Hammer, Nas & Many More
- Birdman's Car Washer
- Nicki Minaj's Hair Stylist
- The Weed Carrier