Getty Images for City of Hope
"Here's that first taste of what I was talking about... It's a #AKNewDay!!! Let's fly! snd.sc/MYq3xA," she wrote via Twitter.
On the chorus, Keys prompts her "party people" to embrace what's to come. "Whether I rise or fall, I'm gonna give it my all/ Party people say, 'Ay, it's a new day!'" she sings.
Listen to Alicia Keys' "New Day"
Her currently untitled fifth album will showcase the new chapter in her life. "I've come to this place that the album is about to be ready and I feel just so crazy excited," the chanteuse said in a recent video she shot for her fans. "It's like I'm a different person. I'm a new person. Everything is new."
While little details have surfaced regarding collaborations or producers on the forthcoming opus, one person who did work with Alicia Keys is Scottish darling Emeli Sande.
"I think everyone's going to really, really enjoy [Alicia Keys' new album]," Sande told The BoomBox. "It was just such a natural process for us to work and nothing felt forced. I think the songs are testament to that, in that the songs really sound... I don't know how to put it. You'll just have to see. I mean it sounds great."
This LP serves as a follow-up to 2009's The Element of Freedom.
- Timbaland & Monique Idlett: Prominent Producer & Wife Wed on Private Island
- Black Eyed Peas' Taboo & Jaymie Dizon: Boyz II Men Sings for Bride & Groom's First Dance
- Eric Benet & Manuela: Bride Breaks Pregnancy News During Wedding Reception
- Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown: A Concert-Sized Ceremony for a Pop Queen & Her R&B King
- Treach & Pepa: Hip-Hop's First Power Couple Tie the Knot
- Kelis & Nas: Bride Dons Bright Green Wedding Dress
- Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz: Married on the Mediterranean Sea
- T.I. & Tiny: Royal-Style Arrival in a Horse-Drawn Carriage
- Monica & Shannon Brown: Bride Rocks $1 Million in Jewels & Has 40-Piece Gospel Choir
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: Renew Vows in Front of the Eiffel Tower
- Melanie Fiona's Black Music Month Picks
- Kanye West
- Michael Jackson
- Whitney Houston
- Love & Hip-Hop: Atlanta Stars
- Stevie J
- Joseline Hernandez
- Karlie Redd
- Lil Scrappy
- K. Michelle