The bouncy, uptempo track would have fit perfectly on Big Boi's 2010 album, Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, and is complemented well by the OutKast member and his collaborators, despite the fact that Pimp C died in 2007.
Unfortunately, there is something dated about "Gossip," either due to the familiar-sounding beat, Big Boi's usage of the same syrupy flow heard throughout his first solo, his "smediums" joke or Bun B's usage of "no homo."
Nevertheless, Big K.R.I.T. voiced his excitement about his inclusion on the track, in a recent interview with Rap-Up, adding that he has a few beats of his own that he'd like to land on Big Boi's new record.
"I feel blessed to be a part of Big Boi's first single," the Mississippi rapper/producer, explained. "I got two or three records I've made that I'm definitely sending to Big Boi ... I really feel like I could create something that he'd love and that he'd want to use."
Listen to Big Boi's "Gossip" Feat. UGK & Big K.R.I.T.
See Worst Hip-Hop Jobs
- Lil Wayne's Wikipedia "Discography" Updater
- Snoop Dogg's Tour Bus Driver
- Guy Who Cleans Up After a Rap Show
- Bodyguard for Jay-Z & Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy
- Tax Attorney for Lil' Kim, Big Boi, MC Hammer, Nas & Many More
- Birdman's Car Washer
- Nicki Minaj's Hair Stylist
- The Weed Carrier
- Female Rappers' "Oh No She Didn't" Moments
- 10. Lauryn Hill's Concert Meltdown
- 9. M.I.A. Flips the Bird
- 8. Lil' Kim Slays Nicki Minaj on 'Black Friday' Mixtape Cover
- 7. Diamond's Face Tattoo
- 6. Lil Mama Gets Lost in the Moment With Jay-Z & Alicia Keys
- 5. Remy Ma Shoots Her Friend ... Twice
- 4. Azealia Banks Starts Beef With T.I., Lil' Kim, Nicki Minaj & More
- 3. Nicki Minaj Exorcises Her Demons Onstage at 2012 Grammy Awards
- 2. Da Brat Attacks Hostess With a Rum Bottle
- 1. Foxy Brown Claws Manicurist Over $20 Bill Total
- Hip-Hop Quiz
- 1. Which of these jobs best describes your daily 9-to-5?
- 2. When you wake up in the morning, the first thing you throw on is:
- 3. You've just won the lottery. The first car you run out and buy is:
- 4. The person you'd want most to sit shotgun in your new ride is:
- 5. Your idea of a fun night on the town is:
- 6. Your idea of a "classic" video is:
- 7. Your drink of choice is:
- 8. In your spare time, you'd most likely be spotted:
- 9. Upon seeing your date get hit on at the club, you calmly:
- 10. You'd prefer to prove your hip-hop cred by:
- Nicki Minaj