In June, the federal appeals court in Atlanta upheld the Jamaican singer's 2011 conviction on cocaine conspiracy and trafficking charges. The three-judge panel also sided with a Tampa jury's conviction of Banton on a gun possession charge, which the trial judge tossed at his sentencing.
The appeals court rules that there was sufficient evidence to convict the singer, whose real name is Mark Myrie, on the gun charge.
Banton's attorney filed a motion in July seeking a new trial. Judge James Moody in Tampa denied that request Tuesday.
Banton is serving a 10-year prison sentence. The gun charge carries an additional five-year sentence.
"Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL."
Watch "Ziggy Marley on the Evolution of Reggae"
See Hip-Hop's Worst Jobs
- Lil Wayne's Wikipedia "Discography" Updater
- Snoop Dogg's Tour Bus Driver
- Guy Who Cleans Up After a Rap Show
- Bodyguard for Jay-Z & Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy
- Tax Attorney for Lil' Kim, Big Boi, MC Hammer, Nas & Many More
- Birdman's Car Washer
- Nicki Minaj's Hair Stylist
- The Weed Carrier
- Worst R&B Jobs
- Ne- Yo's Hat Selector
- Chaka Khan's Stylist
- D'Angelo's Band Director
- Beyonce's Fan Controller
- Chris Brown's Handler
- Trey Songz' Bodyguard
- Mariah Carey's Dietician
- Maxwell's A&R
- Aziz Ansari on Hip-Hop Album Covers
- 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'
- A$AP Rocky's 'Live.Love.A$AP'
- Notorious B.I.G.'s 'Ready to Die'
- Dr. Dre's 'The Chronic'
- Jay-Z's 'The Blueprint 2'
- R. Kelly's 'Double Up'
- Lil Wayne's 'Tha Carter IV'
- Meek Mill's 'Dreamchasers 2'
- Maybach Music Group's 'Self Made, Vol. 2'
- Nas' 'Life Is Good'
- Nicki Minaj's 'Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded'
- Waka Flocka Flame's 'Flockaveli'