In the suit, Jay-Z and business partner Juan Perez accuse Shand of "costing the club lost profits, loss of good will [and] alienation of clientele." Shand -- who previously served as a personal chef for both Jay and his wife, Beyonce, during concert tours -- was brought on as part of 40/40's $10 million reopening. He now lives in California, according to court papers, and while he's yet to comment on suit, his lawyer, Vik Pawar, reaffirmed his culinary skills.
"Mike's a great chef, and it is unclear why 40/40 would contemplate a lawsuit against him," Pawar told the Post. Nevertheless, we will respond accordingly when he gets served with the complaint."
See Comedian Aziz Ansari on Hip-Hop Album Covers
- 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'
- A$AP Rocky's 'Live.Love.A$AP'
- Notorious B.I.G.'s 'Ready to Die'
- Dr. Dre's 'The Chronic'
- Jay-Z's 'The Blueprint 2'
- R. Kelly's 'Double Up'
- Lil Wayne's 'Tha Carter IV'
- Meek Mill's 'Dreamchasers 2'
- Maybach Music Group's 'Self Made, Vol. 2'
- Nas' 'Life Is Good'
- Nicki Minaj's 'Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded'
- Waka Flocka Flame's 'Flockaveli'
- Most Expensive Hip-Hop Album Covers
- Nas' 'Stillmatic' Album
- Fat Joe's 'J.O.S.E. (Jealous Ones Still Envy)' Album
- 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' Album
- Lil' Kim's 'La Belle Mafia' Album
- Cam'ron's 'Killa Season' Album
- LL Cool J's 'Mama Said Knock You Out' Album
- Eric B. & Rakim's 'Paid in Full' Album
- Master P's 'Da Last Don' Album
- E-40's 'In a Major Way' Album
- Tupac's 'All Eyez on Me' Album
- Fountain of Youth Faces in Hip-Hop & R&B
- Mariah Carey
- Pharrell Williams
- Jennifer Lopez
- LL Cool J
- Erykah Badu
- Queen Latifah
- Janet Jackson
- MC Lyte
- Toni Braxton
- Smokey Robinson
- Andre 3000
Watch "Jay-Z Announces Music Festival in Philadelphia"