Gino DePinto, AOL
When he and Scarface united, their talk wasn't centered on the women surrounding them. They left the hotel room to go read the Bible. "[We] ended up actually shedding a few tears," the 41-year-old admits.
According to X, he showed Scarface the utmost respect and the Geto Boys member returned the sentiment. "A true gangster is a gentleman," explains DMX, whose seventh album, Undisputed, is out this week. "He's a real dude, he's not afraid to speak the truth and give God his praise, you know what I'm saying."
While Scarface fulfilled DMX's expectations, there are plenty that don't. "A lot of n----s think they got here on their own," he says matter-of-factly. "Nah, homie, nah, like really? You talk all that tough shit, but at the end of the day, put a couple hot ones in 'em and see how fast they call Jesus."
Check out X's bold words below.
See 15 of the Best Hip-Hop & R&B Albums of 2012 (So Far)
- Nas, Life Is Good
- Elle Varner, Perfectly Imperfect
- Curren$y, The Stoned Immaculate
- Frank Ocean, Channel Orange
- Odd Future, The OF Tape Vol. 2
- Emeli Sande, Our Version of Events
- Ab-Soul, Control System
- R. Kelly, Write Me Back
- B.o.B., Strange Clouds
- Rick Ross, God Forgives, I Don't
- Usher, Looking 4 Myself
- Schoolboy Q, Habits & Contradictions
- Robert Glasper Experiment, Black Radio
- Big K.R.I.T., Live From the Underground
- BJ the Chicago Kid, Pineapple Now-Laters
- Big K.R.I.T. & Killer Mike Celebrate Grandparents Day
- Killer Mike
- Big K.R.I.T.
- Big Boi's Surprising Favorite Musicians
- Neil Young
- Kate Bush