Gino DePinto, AOL
"They just make me want to not go to jail," he tells The BoomBox. "Makes me want to spend more time with them. I realize like I have to be a very influential part of their life."
The Yonkers, N.Y., native, whose seventh studio album, Undisputed, is out this week, prides himself on his no-nonsense attitude in his parenting duties. "I make sure I'm loving," X reveals. "I'm fair. I'm not a pushover. I will take the belt off and whoop ass."
He has a special place in his heart for all of his kids but it's his eldest son that has given him one memory he will never forget: being born. Both graphic and hilarious in his comments, the "Slippin'" MC shares the first time he witnessed childbirth. "I don't care what anybody says," he continues. "Babies are fuckin' ugly when they're born."
Witness X as he compares his then-baby boy's skin color to a certain zoo animal, explains "the beauty in his child" and offers comical commentary on the moment when he knew his son really belonged to him.
See 15 of the Best Hip-Hop & R&B Albums of 2012 (So Far)
- Nas, Life Is Good
- Elle Varner, Perfectly Imperfect
- Curren$y, The Stoned Immaculate
- Frank Ocean, Channel Orange
- Odd Future, The OF Tape Vol. 2
- Emeli Sande, Our Version of Events
- Ab-Soul, Control System
- R. Kelly, Write Me Back
- B.o.B., Strange Clouds
- Rick Ross, God Forgives, I Don't
- Usher, Looking 4 Myself
- Schoolboy Q, Habits & Contradictions
- Robert Glasper Experiment, Black Radio
- Big K.R.I.T., Live From the Underground
- BJ the Chicago Kid, Pineapple Now-Laters
- Big K.R.I.T. & Killer Mike Celebrate Grandparents Day
- Killer Mike
- Big K.R.I.T.
- Big Boi's Surprising Favorite Musicians
- Neil Young
- Kate Bush