The 250-page read includes the rapper-producer blasting Hill for tricking him into believing that he fathered her firstborn son, the NY Post reports. Bob Marley's son Rohan Marley is actually the boy's father.
"In that moment something died between us," Jean writes in the book. "I was married and Lauryn and I were having an affair, but she led me to believe that the baby was mine, and I couldn't forgive that."
The Fugees united as a group in 1992. Five years later, they disbanded as a result of Hill's deceit, according to Jean's words.
"She could not longer be my muse," he reveals. "Our love spell was broken."
The Haitian-born entertainer teamed with author Anthony Bozza for Purpose. Chapters include "Fugees on Fire," "When the Circle Broke" and "Wyclef for President."
See Stars' Surprising Studies Before They Were Famous
- Ice Cube
- Destiny's Child Michelle Williams
- Public Enemy's Chuck D
- Asher Roth
- Jill Scott
- Erykah Badu
- Ryan Leslie
- Best Albums of 2012 (So Far)
- Nas, Life Is Good
- Elle Varner, Perfectly Imperfect
- Curren$y, The Stoned Immaculate
- Frank Ocean, Channel Orange
- Odd Future, The OF Tape Vol. 2
- Emeli Sande, Our Version of Events
- Ab-Soul, Control System
- R. Kelly, Write Me Back
- B.o.B., Strange Clouds
- Rick Ross, God Forgives, I Don't
- Usher, Looking 4 Myself
- Schoolboy Q, Habits & Contradictions
- Robert Glasper Experiment, Black Radio
- Big K.R.I.T., Live From the Underground
- BJ the Chicago Kid, Pineapple Now-Laters
- Big Boi's Surprising Favorite Musicians
- Neil Young
- Kate Bush