"We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston" will tape Oct. 11 at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live and will feature performances by Dion, Hudson and Usher. It will air Nov. 16 on CBS.
The Recording Academy announced Thursday that the special will also include Houston's "most memorable performances" and interviews with various artists. More performers will be announced.
Tickets for the event go on sale Thursday.
Houston died at age 48 in February. Authorities called her death an accidental drowning, complicated by heart disease and cocaine use.
The compilation album, "I Will Always Love You - The Best of Whitney Houston," will be released on Nov. 13.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner
- Whitney Houston in Concert
- Whitney Houston and her mother, Cissy Houston
- Whitney Houston Salutes Clive Davis
- Whitney Houston: Glam at the Grammys
- Whitney Houston Live in New York
- Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown in Happier Times
- Whitney Houston's Family Day Out
- Whitney Houston Shines at the Grammys
- Whitney Houston Knocks Out the National Anthem
- Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown: The Early Years
- Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston: Fallen Friends
- Whitney Houston's First Grammy Win
- Stars Who've Passed Away in 2012
- Etta James
- Chris Lighty
- Whitney Houston
- Chuck Brown
- Don Cornelius
- Worst R&B Jobs
- Ne- Yo's Hat Selector
- Chaka Khan's Stylist
- D'Angelo's Band Director
- Beyonce's Fan Controller
- Chris Brown's Handler
- Trey Songz' Bodyguard
- Mariah Carey's Dietician
- Maxwell's A&R