50 Cent has responded to a lawsuit filed by Robert Poindexter, a man who sued the rapper for for sampling the 1971 Persuaders tune "Love Gonna Pack Up and Walk Out" on "Redrum," part of a collection he released as an online freebie three years ago.
According to TMZ, 50 Cent filed documents saying he never violated any copyright laws, stating that Poindexter doesn't even own the rights to the song because he signed them over to Warner Music Group awhile ago. In the documents, 50 is asking a judge to dismiss the case.
Poindexter was reportedly seeking $600,000 in punitive damages, plus interest, as well as unspecified amount for statutory damages.
A judge hasn't ruled yet.
- Nas' 'Stillmatic' Album
- Fat Joe's 'J.O.S.E. (Jealous Ones Still Envy)' Album
- 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' Album
- Lil' Kim's 'La Belle Mafia' Album
- Cam'ron's 'Killa Season' Album
- LL Cool J's 'Mama Said Knock You Out' Album
- Eric B. & Rakim's 'Paid in Full' Album
- Master P's 'Da Last Don' Album
- E-40's 'In a Major Way' Album
- Tupac's 'All Eyez on Me' Album
- Fountain of Youth Faces in Hip-Hop & R&B
- Mariah Carey
- Pharrell Williams
- Jennifer Lopez
- LL Cool J
- Erykah Badu
- Queen Latifah
- Janet Jackson
- MC Lyte
- Toni Braxton
- Smokey Robinson
- Andre 3000
- Aziz Ansari on Hip-Hop Album Covers
- 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'
- A$AP Rocky's 'Live.Love.A$AP'
- Notorious B.I.G.'s 'Ready to Die'
- Dr. Dre's 'The Chronic'
- Jay-Z's 'The Blueprint 2'
- R. Kelly's 'Double Up'
- Lil Wayne's 'Tha Carter IV'
- Meek Mill's 'Dreamchasers 2'
- Maybach Music Group's 'Self Made, Vol. 2'
- Nas' 'Life Is Good'
- Nicki Minaj's 'Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded'
- Waka Flocka Flame's 'Flockaveli'
Follow @theboombox on Twitter | Like Us on Facebook | Sign Up for Newsletter
Download 50 Cent Songs | Buy 50 Cent Albums