In the February issue, which hails the 31-year-old singer as one of the 100 sexiest woman of the 21st century, B discusses her dominance in the industry, reveals the collaborators on her highly anticipated new album, and discusses performing at the Super Bowl next month.
"I've sacrificed a lot of things, and I've worked harder than probably anyone I know, at least in the music industry. So I just have to remind myself that I deserve it," she says of her road to fame and dominance in the music industry. "I now know that, yes, I am powerful. I'm more powerful than my mind can even digest and understand."
Beyonce also unveiled some pretty huge collaborators on her forthcoming album, skewing a bit more hip-hop than usual, albeit in the name of R&B. "I've been working with Pharrell and Timbaland and Justin Timberlake and Dream. We all started in the '90s, when R&B was the most important genre, and we all kind of want that back: the feeling that music gave us."
Regarding her performance at the Super Bowl on Feb. 3, B was typically self-aware. "One of the reasons I connect to the Super Bowl is that I approach my shows like an athlete," she explained. "I watch my performances, and I wish I could just enjoy them, but I see the light that was late. I see, 'Oh God, that hair did not work.' Or 'I should never do that again.' I try to perfect myself. I want to grow, and I'm always eager for new information."
Check out more excerpts from the interview, and some pretty wild photos shot by Terry Richardson over at GQ.com.
Watch Beyonce's Documentary Trailer
Check Out Beyonce's First Week on Instagram
- Bey gets political.
- Bey back in the studio!
- Here she is showing off her latest outfit.
- Modeling a unique silk dress, the "Halo" singer looks as delicate as a china doll.
- Supporting Brooklyn due to her husband Jay-Z's roots!
- Back in the studio, Beyonce is channeling Bob Dylan. That bodes well for this new album!
- Beyonce's 31st Birthday Photos
- Beyonce was rocking yacht-style in a preppy sweater.
- Sexy as ever in a swimsuit and sweater, Bey never stops being a star.
- Beyonce's birthday wine.
- Birthday strawberries for Beyonce.
- Here's Queen Bey cutting her adorable cake - it looks home made! Wonder if Jay-Z made time in his busy schedule to bake it for h
- Fun Facts About Beyonce
- Beyonce & Blue Ivy Carter
- Beyonce & Jay-Z
- Beyonce & Solange Knowles
Follow @theboombox on Twitter | Like Us on Facebook | Sign Up for Newsletter