Christopher Polk, Getty Images
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday that the halftime show was not the cause of the power outage that darkened the Superdome for half an hour during Sunday's broadcast.
"There's no indication at all that this was caused by the halftime show. Absolutely not. I know that's been out there that this halftime show had something to do with it. That is not the case," Goodell said.
Beyonce was the halftime performer at Sunday night's game and used plenty of power to light up the stage.
Some had joked that her electrifying performance was to blame for the outage.
But the halftime show was running on its own generator, said Goodell and Doug Thornton, a vice president of SMG, the company that manages the Superdome.
"It was not on our power grid at all," Thornton said, adding that the metered power consumption went down during halftime because the house lights were down.
Beyonce's 13-minute set included hits "Crazy in Love," ''Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" and a Destiny's Child reunion.
The energetic performance was sung live days after she admitted she sang to a pre-recorded track at President Barack Obama's inauguration. And it won applause from critics who called it a major improvement over Madonna, who sang to a backing track last year, and the Black Eyed Peas' much-criticized halftime show in 2011.
Afterward, Beyonce announced "The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour" will kick off April 15 in Belgrade, Serbia. The European leg of the tour will wrap up May 29 in Stockholm, Sweden.
The tour's North American stint starts June 28 in Los Angeles and ends Aug. 3 in Brooklyn, N.Y., at the Barclays Center.
It was also announced Monday that a second wave of the tour is planned for Latin America, Australia and Asia later this year.
- Beyonce was rocking yacht-style in a preppy sweater.
- Sexy as ever in a swimsuit and sweater, Bey never stops being a star.
- Beyonce's birthday wine.
- Birthday strawberries for Beyonce.
- Here's Queen Bey cutting her adorable cake - it looks home made! Wonder if Jay-Z made time in his busy schedule to bake it for h
- Beyonce's First Week on Instagram
- Bey gets political.
- Bey back in the studio!
- Here she is showing off her latest outfit.
- Modeling a unique silk dress, the "Halo" singer looks as delicate as a china doll.
- Supporting Brooklyn due to her husband Jay-Z's roots!
- Back in the studio, Beyonce is channeling Bob Dylan. That bodes well for this new album!
- Fun Facts About Beyonce
- Beyonce & Blue Ivy Carter
- Beyonce & Jay-Z
- Beyonce & Solange Knowles
Follow @theboombox on Twitter| Like Us on Facebook | Sign Up for Newsletter