"I need another word for frustration," she tells Time.com. "I've completely gone past frustration 100 times. It's like with anything that you create -- you just want to put out. Because it's been so long for me, music has changed so much. It's beyond frustration. I just really can't wait till this record is out.
Eve puts blame on Interscope Records for not putting out the record. After releasing her first three albums on the label, she parted ways with Interscope in 2010.
"It was delays on the label side -- I've switched management, I've switched labels, I've switched lawyers," the MC states. "And this was over years. And now I feel like the dust has finally settled and the team that I have now is the right team. Sometimes that's all it takes, for the stars to be aligned and the dust to settle. And I think we're there now."
The "Tambourine" performer, who will perform at the 2012 Essence Music Festival this weekend, also shared her thoughts in the interview on female rhymers Azealia Banks and former Crime Mob member Diamond.
"I actually really like Azealia Banks," Eve admits. "I like her style, I think she's really cute, I think lyrically she's really good and she's really different. She's probably at the top of my list. But then there's a girl named Diamond who is from Atlanta who I really like, just as a person and an artist, I think she's really cool."
Lip Lock is set to feature production from Eve's longtime collaborator Swizz Beatz.
See 10 Female Rappers' "Oh No She Didn't" Moments
- 10. Lauryn Hill's Concert Meltdown
- 9. M.I.A. Flips the Bird
- 8. Lil' Kim Slays Nicki Minaj on 'Black Friday' Mixtape Cover
- 7. Diamond's Face Tattoo
- 6. Lil Mama Gets Lost in the Moment With Jay-Z & Alicia Keys
- 5. Remy Ma Shoots Her Friend ... Twice
- 4. Azealia Banks Starts Beef With T.I., Lil' Kim, Nicki Minaj & More
- 3. Nicki Minaj Exorcises Her Demons Onstage at 2012 Grammy Awards
- 2. Da Brat Attacks Hostess With a Rum Bottle
- 1. Foxy Brown Claws Manicurist Over $20 Bill Total
- Sizzling Summer Flings
- B.o.B. & Taylor Swift
- Nas & Nicki Minaj
- J. Cole & Rita Ora
- Justin Bieber & Rihanna
- Lil Wayne & Jennifer Lopez
- Rick Ross & Erykah Badu
- Chris Brown & Brandy
- Meek Mill & Azealia Banks
- Drake & Teyana Taylor
- Machine Gun Kelly & Iggy Azalea
- Outrageous & Extravagant Hip-Hop and R&B Weddings
- Timbaland & Monique Idlett: Prominent Producer & Wife Wed on Private Island
- Black Eyed Peas' Taboo & Jaymie Dizon: Boyz II Men Sings for Bride & Groom's First Dance
- Eric Benet & Manuela: Bride Breaks Pregnancy News During Wedding Reception
- Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown: A Concert-Sized Ceremony for a Pop Queen & Her R&B King
- Treach & Pepa: Hip-Hop's First Power Couple Tie the Knot
- Kelis & Nas: Bride Dons Bright Green Wedding Dress
- Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz: Married on the Mediterranean Sea
- T.I. & Tiny: Royal-Style Arrival in a Horse-Drawn Carriage
- Monica & Shannon Brown: Bride Rocks $1 Million in Jewels & Has 40-Piece Gospel Choir
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: Renew Vows in Front of the Eiffel Tower