The 29-year-old Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded creator performed at the Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie, Dallas Sunday (July 29). After her set, she was reportedly scheduled to make an appearance at Zouk nightclub for the fee of $30,000. She apparently ditched the gig due to promoters selling tickets under "false pretenses."
"No after party tonite [sic] barbz. S/O to the promoters who sold tkts under false pretenses tho," she wrote on Twitter.
Zouk nightclub owner Matt Cislo claims Minaj was paid in full to appear at the after-party. "We looked at their [promoter's] contracts, the wire transfer, we had seen everything; that's why we went through with the show," he told Dallas local news station CW33.
"From my understanding, she was outside, she had shown up, her security had done a walkthrough and she just decided not to come in. As soon as everyone found out she wasn't showing up on Twitter they were messaging us, text message, emails, you know why are you putting on a fake show? Just gives us a bad rep."
No further comments have been by Nicki Minaj regarding the no-show.
See Photos of Nicki Minaj's Fashion Evolution
- All Black Everything
- Play Time
- Green With Envy
- Why So Serious?
- It's Pink Friday!
- Skull Gang
- Sparkle & Shine
- Throwback Fresh
- Animal Instinct
- Pretty in Pink
- Rain Gear Couture
- Sick and Wired
- Opposites Attract
- Food for Thought
- Blondes Have More Fun
- Most Expensive Hip-Hop Album Covers
- Nas' 'Stillmatic' Album
- Fat Joe's 'J.O.S.E. (Jealous Ones Still Envy)' Album
- 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' Album
- Lil' Kim's 'La Belle Mafia' Album
- Cam'ron's 'Killa Season' Album
- LL Cool J's 'Mama Said Knock You Out' Album
- Eric B. & Rakim's 'Paid in Full' Album
- Master P's 'Da Last Don' Album
- E-40's 'In a Major Way' Album
- Tupac's 'All Eyez on Me' Album
- Paid in Full 25-Year Anniversary
Watch Nicki Minaj's "Pound the Alarm" Video