Jemal Countess, Getty Images
"This goes back to one of the most basic rules; don't live beyond your means," he advises. "Don't buy a big house when you don't make big money. I always say if you can't buy it THREE times over, you can't afford it. Don't drive a Bentley on a Benz income."
In addition to living within your means, Slim Thug reveals in the book, which he dedicates to himself, that he has an obsession with finance expert Suze Orman.
"Our culture drives us in the wrong direction. Muthafuckas think blowing money is cool, when the shit is dumb. I want to stop mismanaging and start stacking. I'm going to be the black man – Suze Orman," he writes.
The 47-page book reveals Slim Thug's strategies for maximizing tour profits and selling records on consignment, advice best directed towards fellow rappers, perhaps, but also includes a personal photo gallery for fans.
"Another reason you should get my book is because it also has pictures," he tells SOHH. "It's real life pictures of me either partying or actually there's no telling what I'm doing in those photos. Being that it's me, it might get a little wild in there. I went through my personal collection of photos from my iPhone and just posted that shit."
Check out Slim Thug's How to Survive in a Recession here.
See Hip-Hop's Most Expensive Album Covers Valued by a Jeweler
- Nas' 'Stillmatic' Album
- Fat Joe's 'J.O.S.E. (Jealous Ones Still Envy)' Album
- 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' Album
- Lil' Kim's 'La Belle Mafia' Album
- Cam'ron's 'Killa Season' Album
- LL Cool J's 'Mama Said Knock You Out' Album
- Eric B. & Rakim's 'Paid in Full' Album
- Master P's 'Da Last Don' Album
- E-40's 'In a Major Way' Album
- Tupac's 'All Eyez on Me' Album
- Sizzling Summer Flings
- B.o.B. & Taylor Swift
- Nas & Nicki Minaj
- J. Cole & Rita Ora
- Justin Bieber & Rihanna
- Lil Wayne & Jennifer Lopez
- Rick Ross & Erykah Badu
- Chris Brown & Brandy
- Meek Mill & Azealia Banks
- Drake & Teyana Taylor
- Machine Gun Kelly & Iggy Azalea
- Outrageous & Extravagant Hip-Hop and R&B Weddings
- Timbaland & Monique Idlett: Prominent Producer & Wife Wed on Private Island
- Black Eyed Peas' Taboo & Jaymie Dizon: Boyz II Men Sings for Bride & Groom's First Dance
- Eric Benet & Manuela: Bride Breaks Pregnancy News During Wedding Reception
- Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown: A Concert-Sized Ceremony for a Pop Queen & Her R&B King
- Treach & Pepa: Hip-Hop's First Power Couple Tie the Knot
- Kelis & Nas: Bride Dons Bright Green Wedding Dress
- Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz: Married on the Mediterranean Sea
- T.I. & Tiny: Royal-Style Arrival in a Horse-Drawn Carriage
- Monica & Shannon Brown: Bride Rocks $1 Million in Jewels & Has 40-Piece Gospel Choir
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: Renew Vows in Front of the Eiffel Tower