Charles Sykes, AP
According to reports, Nicki's endorsement deal with Pepsi may bar her from appearing on "Idol," which is sponsored by competitor Coca-Cola. Apparently Pepsi, who tapped Minaj to appear as the face of their "Live For Now" ad campaign, and is sponsoring her Pink Friday Reloaded tour, will not allow her to appear on the show.
While Minaj's representatives and the soda company's honchos sort things out, auditions for "Idol" will begin shooting as early as next week, so Fox network executives are understandably anxious to finalize the deal and make their announcement.
The New York Post cites a source, who says that they "want to see that drama between Nicki and Mariah Carey. It'll make for good TV."
- All Black Everything
- Play Time
- Green With Envy
- Why So Serious?
- It's Pink Friday!
- Skull Gang
- Sparkle & Shine
- Throwback Fresh
- Animal Instinct
- Pretty in Pink
- Rain Gear Couture
- Sick and Wired
- Opposites Attract
- Food for Thought
- Blondes Have More Fun
- Most Expensive Hip-Hop Album Covers
- Nas' 'Stillmatic' Album
- Fat Joe's 'J.O.S.E. (Jealous Ones Still Envy)' Album
- 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' Album
- Lil' Kim's 'La Belle Mafia' Album
- Cam'ron's 'Killa Season' Album
- LL Cool J's 'Mama Said Knock You Out' Album
- Eric B. & Rakim's 'Paid in Full' Album
- Master P's 'Da Last Don' Album
- E-40's 'In a Major Way' Album
- Tupac's 'All Eyez on Me' Album
- Paid in Full 25-Year Anniversary
Watch Nicki Minaj's "Pound the Alarm" Video