The song is featured on the soundtrack for "The Man With the Iron Fists," a martial arts film that serves as Grammy Award-winning producer RZA's directorial feature film debut. The Wu-Tang Clan leader also produced the entire movie soundtrack.
In addition to West appearing on the effort, Raekwon, Pusha T and Talib Kweli, among others, show up. However, the musical connection between West and RZA is what caused the latter to tap the G.O.O.D. Music head to create a new track for the project.
"We worked together on a few things in the past, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but, you know, we stay in tune with each other," RZA tells The BoomBox.
West, whom RZA calls his "little brother because I'm older," was already in the back of the producer-turned-director's mind when it came time to work on the soundtrack.
"He was in town when I was editing," he explains. "I always wanted to do a song for the movie and now the movie is done. I said, 'Yo, come in and I want to show you something, what I want your song to be."
Subsequently, RZA showed West a scene from "The Man With the Iron Fists," which in turn immediately inspired the Chi-town MC to create the lyrics for "White Dress."
"He saw the scene and was like, 'Yo, I love it,'" RZA reveals. "And I played the music that I wanted to use for the musical backdrop and he was like, 'Yo, it sounds great. I love it and I'm a write something for it.' He wrote something really cool that fits the scene but also it's just a dope ass song."
Look out for the scene featuring West's buzzing track "White Dress" when "The Man With the Iron Fist" hits theaters Nov. 2.
See 15 of the Best Hip-Hop & R&B Albums of 2012 (So Far)
- Nas, Life Is Good
- Elle Varner, Perfectly Imperfect
- Curren$y, The Stoned Immaculate
- Frank Ocean, Channel Orange
- Odd Future, The OF Tape Vol. 2
- Emeli Sande, Our Version of Events
- Ab-Soul, Control System
- R. Kelly, Write Me Back
- B.o.B., Strange Clouds
- Rick Ross, God Forgives, I Don't
- Usher, Looking 4 Myself
- Schoolboy Q, Habits & Contradictions
- Robert Glasper Experiment, Black Radio
- Big K.R.I.T., Live From the Underground
- BJ the Chicago Kid, Pineapple Now-Laters
- Outrageous & Extravagant Hip-Hop and R&B Weddings
- Timbaland & Monique Idlett: Prominent Producer & Wife Wed on Private Island
- Black Eyed Peas' Taboo & Jaymie Dizon: Boyz II Men Sings for Bride & Groom's First Dance
- Eric Benet & Manuela: Bride Breaks Pregnancy News During Wedding Reception
- Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown: A Concert-Sized Ceremony for a Pop Queen & Her R&B King
- Treach & Pepa: Hip-Hop's First Power Couple Tie the Knot
- Kelis & Nas: Bride Dons Bright Green Wedding Dress
- Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz: Married on the Mediterranean Sea
- T.I. & Tiny: Royal-Style Arrival in a Horse-Drawn Carriage
- Monica & Shannon Brown: Bride Rocks $1 Million in Jewels & Has 40-Piece Gospel Choir
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: Renew Vows in Front of the Eiffel Tower
- Most Expensive Hip-Hop Album Covers
- Nas' 'Stillmatic' Album
- Fat Joe's 'J.O.S.E. (Jealous Ones Still Envy)' Album
- 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' Album
- Lil' Kim's 'La Belle Mafia' Album
- Cam'ron's 'Killa Season' Album
- LL Cool J's 'Mama Said Knock You Out' Album
- Eric B. & Rakim's 'Paid in Full' Album
- Master P's 'Da Last Don' Album
- E-40's 'In a Major Way' Album
- Tupac's 'All Eyez on Me' Album