Kevin Mazur, WireImage
The rapper posted the first single, titled "Started From the Bottom," from his upcoming third album, and explained why he wrote it.
"My good friends," he posted on his site. "It has truly been too long. I assume you're all keeping well and making the most of this year that has been given to us. Today is the day to begin sharing my newest work with you. This is the first single off of my upcoming album."
He goes on, "I feel sometimes that people don't have enough information about my beginnings and therefore they make up a life story for me that isn't consistent with actual events. My family and my second family (consisting of the best friends anybody could ever have) all struggled and worked extremely hard to make all this happen. I did not buy my way into this spot and it was the furthest thing from easy to achieve. I am proud of every part of my past and I'm excited for this song to find a place in your life as well."
He adds, "I didn't feel I needed any interviews or radio or press to launch this song. It felt right to come back to the site that I started on and release it to the people that started here with me. Judging by this post, the tour that we've been planning, the conversations about new songs and album artwork...I think it's safe to say we're back together again. Looking forward to seeing you all soon."
The track, produced by Mike Zombie, was originally supposed to be released on the night of the Grammy Awards, Feb. 10.
Drake is up for several Grammy awards, including Best Rap Album.
Listen to the track here.
- Say Cheese
- Ladies Love Drizzy
- Wear It With Ease
- Crown Royal With YMCMB Attached
- Wearing His Heart... on His Shirt
- Shaded Glory
- Easy Does It
- Why So Serious?
- Pop Goes the Drizzy
- Cold Hard Cash
- Mama's Boy
- Making Headlines
- Sweater Envy
- I'm a Business, Man
- How I'm Living
- Most Expensive Hip-Hop Album Covers
- Nas' 'Stillmatic' Album
- Fat Joe's 'J.O.S.E. (Jealous Ones Still Envy)' Album
- 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' Album
- Lil' Kim's 'La Belle Mafia' Album
- Cam'ron's 'Killa Season' Album
- LL Cool J's 'Mama Said Knock You Out' Album
- Eric B. & Rakim's 'Paid in Full' Album
- Master P's 'Da Last Don' Album
- E-40's 'In a Major Way' Album
- Tupac's 'All Eyez on Me' Album
- Sizzling Summer Flings
- B.o.B. & Taylor Swift
- Nas & Nicki Minaj
- J. Cole & Rita Ora
- Justin Bieber & Rihanna
- Lil Wayne & Jennifer Lopez
- Rick Ross & Erykah Badu
- Chris Brown & Brandy
- Meek Mill & Azealia Banks
- Drake & Teyana Taylor
- Machine Gun Kelly & Iggy Azalea
- Outrageous & Extravagant Hip-Hop and R&B Weddings
- Timbaland & Monique Idlett: Prominent Producer & Wife Wed on Private Island
- Black Eyed Peas' Taboo & Jaymie Dizon: Boyz II Men Sings for Bride & Groom's First Dance
- Eric Benet & Manuela: Bride Breaks Pregnancy News During Wedding Reception
- Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown: A Concert-Sized Ceremony for a Pop Queen & Her R&B King
- Treach & Pepa: Hip-Hop's First Power Couple Tie the Knot
- Kelis & Nas: Bride Dons Bright Green Wedding Dress
- Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz: Married on the Mediterranean Sea
- T.I. & Tiny: Royal-Style Arrival in a Horse-Drawn Carriage
- Monica & Shannon Brown: Bride Rocks $1 Million in Jewels & Has 40-Piece Gospel Choir
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: Renew Vows in Front of the Eiffel Tower