Lt. Derek Bastinck said Jones was ultimately charged with disorderly conduct and obstruction after refusing to settle two outstanding arrest warrants.
According to Bastinck, Sgt. James Corcoran was responding to a complaint of a snowbound and illegally parked car outside of Jones' home.
When Corcoran punched Jones' name into the police database, two outstanding warrants came up. One was from Paterson, N.J. for a motor vehicle violation and another was from Fair Lawn for failing to remove snow from his sidewalk.
Corcoran reportedly asked the Dip Set honcho to accompany him to police headquarters to settle the warrants but Jones denied their existence and became unruly.
"If [people with oustanding warrants] agree, we'll just have them come down and pay what they owe," Bastinck said, "but if they don't agree, they're placed under arrest."
Jones failed to cooperate and was thus put arrested and taken into police custody.
See 15 of the Best Hip-Hop & R&B Albums of 2012 (So Far)
- Nas, Life Is Good
- Elle Varner, Perfectly Imperfect
- Curren$y, The Stoned Immaculate
- Frank Ocean, Channel Orange
- Odd Future, The OF Tape Vol. 2
- Emeli Sande, Our Version of Events
- Ab-Soul, Control System
- R. Kelly, Write Me Back
- B.o.B., Strange Clouds
- Rick Ross, God Forgives, I Don't
- Usher, Looking 4 Myself
- Schoolboy Q, Habits & Contradictions
- Robert Glasper Experiment, Black Radio
- Big K.R.I.T., Live From the Underground
- BJ the Chicago Kid, Pineapple Now-Laters
- Lecrae's Favorite Rappers
- Lauryn Hill
- Tupac Shakur
- Lupe Fiasco
- Talib Kweli's Favorite Vinyl
- 'People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm,' A Tribe Called Quest
- 'Power,' Ice-T
- 'Don't Believe the Hype,' Public Enemy
- 'Do This My Way,' Kid 'n Play
- 'The Great Adventures of Slick Rick,' Slick Rick