Christopher Polk, Getty Images
While the singer hasn't been spotted yet in the King Bey sneakers, she's reportedly a big fan of French designer Isabel Marant, and has had Perfectly Made Kicks custom make them in the style of the popular sneaker wedge she's often seen wearing.
"These custom-made kicks come with a high price and it's paid by the various animals who were beaten and skinned alive or cruelly farmed and killed," PETA says in a statement. "Although most people aren't as familiar with the types of animals (snakes, stingrays, crocodiles, and ostriches) killed for this single pair of sneakers as they are with the cats and dogs we share our homes with, these animals are highly sensitive living beings who try hard to avoid capture and suffer enormously when trapped, netted, speared and skinned alive."
Perfectly Made Kicks isn't taking the criticism sitting down, though.
"No animals were beaten, harmed, or killed in the development and crafting of the "King Bey" sneaker," they fired back at PETA. "The exotic skins used to construct the "King Bey" sneaker were at the sole discretion of PMK and are not in association with any decisions, requests, or opinions of Beyonce and her affiliated parties. All leather and exotic skins used by PMK are from a legal supplier in New York."
Got your pair of King Bey sneakers yet?
Watch Beyonce's "Love on Top" Video
See Photos of Beyonce's 31st Birthday
- Beyonce was rocking yacht-style in a preppy sweater.
- Sexy as ever in a swimsuit and sweater, Bey never stops being a star.
- Beyonce's birthday wine.
- Birthday strawberries for Beyonce.
- Here's Queen Bey cutting her adorable cake - it looks home made! Wonder if Jay-Z made time in his busy schedule to bake it for h
- Beyonce's First Week on Instagram
- Bey gets political.
- Bey back in the studio!
- Here she is showing off her latest outfit.
- Modeling a unique silk dress, the "Halo" singer looks as delicate as a china doll.
- Supporting Brooklyn due to her husband Jay-Z's roots!
- Back in the studio, Beyonce is channeling Bob Dylan. That bodes well for this new album!
- Fun Facts About Beyonce
- Beyonce & Blue Ivy Carter
- Beyonce & Jay-Z
- Beyonce & Solange Knowles